Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I just love Southwest style food and this is no exception.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro or 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- shredded cheddar cheese
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water and seasonings; mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in the skillet or transfer to a shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Serve with tortilla chips.
I have been waiting to post the picture to review this recipe, but that may be forever!!! This is a great recipe. My family loved it. There was some left over, so I froze it to carry for lunch one day. Thanks for the great recipe.