Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here in texas we have a ton of different recipes for salsa, this is my recipe for the salsa that I like the best. Its a creation of several different recipes. Hope you enjoy it !!!
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 small onion
- 1 hot jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Chop jalapeno and onion in food processor until chopped but not pureed.
- Add diced tomatoes, garlic salt, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder and blend for a few seconds more.
- I like a lot of garlic so you might want to add more for your taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips or on baked potatoes for a low fat alternative to butter.
Wow what a excellent recipe. I've never made my on salsa. My kids said no more store bought.
Reaally good looking salsa recipe Linda3. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. I'm also from West Texas(Crane)now living in Northern VA and I was wondering which town your from. Thanks for sharing your version of salsa.