1/1 Photo of Texas Style Picante Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Substitution: 1 1/2 Habanero instead of Jalapeno makes this warm but not too hot For Making Texas Style Picante Sauce: Combine jalapeno pepper, garlic, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, alum and spices in blender or food processor.
- 2Process until desired consistency.
- 3Combine chopped vegetables in large sauce pan.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 5Pour into hot sterilized 1 pint jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Seal and process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes or pressure canner for 5 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Style Picante Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2796.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 50.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: