Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and versatile. Plain or as a taco. Made without the raisins or other more Cuban ingredients.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large russet potatoes, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add ground beef until browned. Add onions and garlic and spices. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Place potatoes in skillet, cover reduce heat and cook for 40 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Add tomatoes, simmer for 5 more minutes while still covered.
- Remove and serve over tortillas with cheese.