Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Southern Living. Mild flavors for my kids.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 (6 ounce) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- finely chopped red onion
- In a large skillet, cook the first 3 ingredients over med-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer the beef mixture in a large bowl; stir in tortilla pieces and the next 4 ingredients and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with desired toppings.