Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
For all you beef lovers...these are one of the best nugget recipes that I have ever tasted...these are a definate must-try!
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups crumbled corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the beef into bite-size squares (about 1-1/4-inch squares), and roll in the steak seasoning.
- Coat the cubed seasoned steak pieces in a plastic bag containing the flour, salt and pepper mixture until each piece is individually coated.
- Refrigerate steak while continuing preparation.
- In a bowl, thoroughly blend corn flake crumbs, chopped pecans, Parmesan cheese, paprika and nutmeg (if using); set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt margaine.
- Whisk in the 2 Tbsp flour, stir until all the flour is completely dissolved.
- Add in the half and half cream (half and half cream is recommended as milk usually will scorth the bottom of the pot, but milk can be used if desired); heat and stir until the mixture comes to a light boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Add in the grated cheese and Worcestershire sauce; continue stirring and cooking until the cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; keep the cheese mixture warm.
- Remove the steak pieces from the fridge.
- Dip each floured steak square in cheese sauce.
- Then roll in bowl of dry crumbs (making sure that all sides are coated well).
- Place on a well-greased or non-stick coated cookie sheet (leaving spaces between each square).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until steak squares are a deep golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan with a spatula.
I have been just waiting and waiting to make this and I finally got around to it. Followed the recipe with the exception of the pecans, didn't have any. Did have a problem with the coating staying on while baking. Just kind of all fell off. Not sure what else to try. The spices, cheese, beef flavors all together were great. Will make again.