Recipe by Julie in TX
This is a quick and easy Tex-Mex recipe that you can use as a main dish. Served with a salad, it makes a meal. You may also serve it as an appetizer by serving it in a chafing dish with a basket of tortilla chips for dipping.
Top Review by evewitch
I thought this was really easy, and it turned out well. I wasn't sure whether or not to drain the beans and tomatoes, so I left them undrained. The "stuff" seemed a bit runny, so maybe you could clarify the directions so I'll know if I did it right or not...
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- tortilla chips, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain.
- Add onion and cook briefly.
- Add tomatoes with chiles, chili mix and beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and cream and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, place tortilla chips on individual plates and pour ground beef mixture over the top.