Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy Tex-Mex recipe that you can use as a main dish. Served with a salad, it makes a meal. You may also serve it as an appetizer by serving it in a chafing dish with a basket of tortilla chips for dipping.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- tortilla chips, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain.
- Add onion and cook briefly.
- Add tomatoes with chiles, chili mix and beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and cream and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, place tortilla chips on individual plates and pour ground beef mixture over the top.
I thought this was really easy, and it turned out well. I wasn't sure whether or not to drain the beans and tomatoes, so I left them undrained. The "stuff" seemed a bit runny, so maybe you could clarify the directions so I'll know if I did it right or not...
This was so easy to make and VERY good. It had a lil kick to it, so my toddler wouldn't eat it (told me it was hot). However, my parents and husband said it was awesome and can't wait for me to make it again!