Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An old one from Southern Living.
Top Review by Shwltr78
This was very good, though a little labor-intensive. I omited the celery, green pepper, and hot sauce to suite my family's tastes. The flavor was just what I was looking for. I remember eating this with shredded lettuce as a kid. I think I will throw that in next time too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- corn chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef and next 3 ingredients in a large skillet; cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain off pan drippings.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except corn chips and cheese; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over corn chips, and top with cheese.