1/1 Photo of Texas Spoon Bread
Bob Ross's Note:
Here is a recipe for "Texas" spoon bread that I've tried and like very much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, scald the milk; stir in cornmeal.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in butter, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- 4In small bowl, beat egg yolks.
- 5Gradually stir a small amount of the hot mixture into yolks; return all to pan and mix well.
- 6In mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 7Fold egg whites into hot mixture until well blended.
- 8Pour into greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- 9Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until well puffed.
- 10Use a spoon to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Spoon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 522.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g