1 hr 30 mins
The Pastry Queen Christmas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Resist the urge to trim any visible fat from the pork loin; the fat will keep the pork moist as it roasts.
- 2In a large heavy-duty zip-lock bag, combine the beer, olive oil, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and honey; gently submerge the pork in the marinade; seal the bag, and place in a large bowl or baking pan.
- 3Refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- 4Remove pork from marinade and pour the marinade into a large measuring cup.
- 5Combine the chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; rub it evenly over the pork.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°.
- 7In a saute pan, heat the oil over high heat; place the roast in the saute pan and sear until the meat is evenly browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer pork to a large roasting pan and pour half the reserved marinade around the roast.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes, then add the rest of the marinade to the bottom of the pan.
- 10Bake another 45 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 140°-145°.
- 11Remove from oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Spice-Rubbed Roast Pork
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.5
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 505.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 60.8 g