Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not your ordinary spaghetti, In fact, it is more like a casserole, but I like it.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles or 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown meat,and chopped onion.
- Add tomato soup,green pepper and noodles.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of mixture into casserole.
- Layer with mozzarella cheese, golden mushroom soup, black olives, ending with mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan last.
- COVER AND COOK 350°F for 30 MINUTES.
This was very good. I cooked the bell pepper with the meat as suggested by another reviewer and upped the mozzarella to about 3 cups because we love cheese. Also, after cooking my noodles I stirred the tomato soup into them to keep them from sticking together while I was cooking the meat. This makes a huge casserole. Three of us ate great big servings and there was still more than half left. I'm going to make half the recipe next time.
I gave this recipe 4 stars. This recipe got mixed reviews in my house. My picky 4 yr old & 6 yr old newphews did not like this. My 7 yr old niece said she liked it. My future hubby and I really liked this. We to were pleasantly surprised that this was so good. Even though I messed this up a bit by forgetting at first to top the mozzarella with This was the first recipe I ever made using tomato soup. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I used 1 pound ground beef, 3/4 of a green pepper and regular mushroom soup. I cooked my green pepper with my onions and ground beef. Overall this was very good and I'll be adding this to my cookbook. Thanks for posting a really good recipe! Christine (internetnut)
Pleasantly Surprised - I didn't think this was going to be very good, but I needed something quick and easy to make. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, and this will be a regular in our house. Thanks!