Recipe by Branwyn
This is a really easy soup that goes together quick. You can add heat by using a Bloody Mary mix with habanero in it. This freezes well if you use a sturdy pasta.
Top Review by ArTanase
I LOVE this soup! It was absolutely delicious! I used frozen corn instead of canned, and added turkey sausage- the link kind, cut up and cooked before adding to soup). I'm not a huge fan of ground meat in soup, so I think that next time I will just use the turkey sausage! I also used brown rice pasta shells since I no longer live in Texas- the texas pasta isn't readily available to me!
- 32 ounces bloody mary mix
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 can corn (not creamed)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups texas shaped pasta (you may substitute any kind of sturdy pasta for the Texas pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring Bloody Mary mix, water, tomatoes and green chilies, vegetable soup mix, and corn to a simmer in a large stockpot.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet until no pink remains in the beef.
- Add ground beef to mixture in stockpot and let simmer 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Add pasta in last 10-15 minutes of cooktime.