Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
somestimes I change recipe to orange flavor..Yummy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine flour, baking soda, b. powder, salt and one cup of sugar in a large bowl -- Make a well in the center.set aside.
- Mix together 2 tbls of lemon zest, egg, sour cream, half the lemon juice and butter --
- Add the center of dry mixture -- blend well and spoon into large greased muffins pans.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Blend together remaining sugar, lemon juice and zest --
- Drizzle glaze over tops of warm muffins.
- Makes 6 Texas sized muffins.
Great lemon flavour and good crumb. Delicious! :)