Recipe by DesertRose15
This recipe is from The Marks House Victorian Bed & Breakfast in Prescott, AZ. This french toast is baked and made with orange juice instead of milk. It's easy to prepare and is nice to serve to overnight guests.
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into large baking pan and swirl to coat.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over butter.
- Beat eggs and juice.
- Dip bread into batter and lay into pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with syrup or fresh fruit.