Recipe by Martini Guy
A different open face sandwich. From Taste of Home magazine. Easy to double or triple.
Top Review by CookieMonster2323
Terrific sandwich! We thoroughly enjoyed it! Based on the previous reviewer's advice, we sprinkled some Italian Dressing seasoning onto the sandwiches as well and that added another great flavor! Delicious-thanks!
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread, toasted
- 6 slices deli roast beef, about 3 ounces
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non stick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, mushrooms and cumin in butter until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish.
- Spread the mixture over one side of the Texas toast.
- Top with pepper mixture, beef, tomato and cheese.
- Broil 4 to 6 in from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.