Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These turn out big, really big, a little chewy and amazing! Peanuts, peanut butter cups, chocolate chips and reeses pieces are great additions to the cookies. Hydra's favorite peanut butter cookie!
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugars, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Then add to the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop up dough and shape into a ball. Press down slightly and place on an ungreased cookie sheet spacing 4 inches apart.
- Bake in a for 13-16 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- If smaller cookies are desired, use a tablespoon, spread them 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes.