Recipe by Trinitys Momma
This is from the HEB recipe center and both my 6 and 2 year old liked it. The recipe calls for 1 bag (16 oz) frozen HEB Steamable Rice, variety of your choice.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 lime, squeezed for juice (divided use)
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup drained and chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 16 ounces rice
- crumbled feta or white mexican cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shrimp with oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Set aside 5 minute In the meantime, cook rice according to directions on bag.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over Medium-High heat 3 minutes. Add shrimp; saute 3 minutes, scooping and turning continuously, or until shrimp begins to curl. Add red peppers and corn; saute 1 or 2 minutes until hot.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in cilantro and remaining lime juice, to taste. Serve over rice. Optional: top with crumbled feta or white Mexican cheese.