Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a make ahead chilled salad that is ideal for warm weather. It's refreshing and nutritious and it's mighty good too. Recipe assumes that you have cooked rice, leftover is fine.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled small shrimp, uncooked (or use pre-cleaned frozen shrimp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- curly salad greens
- Bring water to boil in large pot; add shrimp and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Drain shrimp well and rinse with cold water. Cool shrimp; peel and devein.
- Combine shrimp, rice, beans, olives and onions; toss well.
- Combine salad dressing with seasonings; mix well.
- Pour over rice mix and chill.
- Serve over salad greens.
Tasty salad! I used tiny salad shrimp, fat-free Italian dressing and left out the olives. I don't care for onions so just added them to DH's serving and left them off mine. The dressing for this was perfect with the shrimp. I served this as a side but it could easily be a meal on it's own. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a wonderful cold rice salad, I was going to omit the basil but decided to add it in and I'm glad I did although I only added in a small pinch as the Italian dressing already has lots of flavor, also I used 1 small minced garlic clove instead of the powder, used Kalamata olives and frozen thawed cut green beans, cooked frozen thawed shrimp, lots of fresh ground black pepper and a pinch of cayenne, thanks Annacia we loved this!