Recipe by Annacia
This is a make ahead chilled salad that is ideal for warm weather. It's refreshing and nutritious and it's mighty good too. Recipe assumes that you have cooked rice, leftover is fine.
Top Review by loof
Tasty salad! I used tiny salad shrimp, fat-free Italian dressing and left out the olives. I don't care for onions so just added them to DH's serving and left them off mine. The dressing for this was perfect with the shrimp. I served this as a side but it could easily be a meal on it's own. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled small shrimp, uncooked (or use pre-cleaned frozen shrimp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- curly salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in large pot; add shrimp and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Drain shrimp well and rinse with cold water. Cool shrimp; peel and devein.
- Combine shrimp, rice, beans, olives and onions; toss well.
- Combine salad dressing with seasonings; mix well.
- Pour over rice mix and chill.
- Serve over salad greens.