Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Texas Sheet Cake was posted in response to a request. I have not made it myself.
Make and share this Texas Sheet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- CAKE: Melt 1 cup of the butter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the cocoa.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Boil, then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the chocolate mixture and beat well.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the condensed milk, the eggs and the vanilla.
- Pour into greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- FROSTING: Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter, the remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and remaining condensed milk.
- Stir in powdered sugar and nuts.
- Spread onto warm cake.
I was looking for a quick dessert to make for unexpected company for supper and saw this posted on the boards. This recipe is great and makes a huge cookie sheet which allowed me to send a whole pile of it home with my bachelor brother in law so he thanks you for this recipe too! I served this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then drizzled it with chocolate sauce and it was a terrific, easy,and fast dessert! I ended up using a combonation of brown sugar and white sugar as I didn't have enough brown sugar, but it turned out fine. I used recipe 22881 as the sweetened condensed milk. I really liked the moistness of this cake and it even tasted better the next day!! Thanks for posting this!
Mom has made this recipe for years...it's a great one to feed a crowd and very tasty
A family favorite for a long time. Made it for our neighborhood picnic and it was a big hit. I served it also with vanilla ice cream which the children loved. This recipe really serves a big crowd.