Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is just another variation of the Texas Sheet Cake. My family really enjoyed it, but asked that next time I prepare, to cut the icing in half! I'm not sure I want to do that; it's perfect like it is for me!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl; set aside.
- Bring to a boil butter, water, and cocoa.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour mixture to cocoa mixture.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour into jelly roll baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, melt butter in saucepan and add milk and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar along with vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour over warm cake and cool completely before serving.
I too had found this recipe in Taste of Home last year. And I had also misplaced it, I can't thank you enough for sharing it. I have been craving this cake for a while. A million thanks!
Super easy to make and very moist and tasty. A little too sweet for some but excellent with vanilla ice cream.
Sweet Cooking..this cake is awesome... could I give it 25 stars? it turned out so moist and yummy, we ate half and I froze the rest for later, the only change I made, was I used 2% milk instead of water. This is a winner, thanks for posting, I will be making this again :-)