Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice Chocalte cake big enough to feed a large gathering or to be serve over several days on an outing.
- Cake:Melt butter, cocoa, and water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Pour over sugar and flour mixture and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, soda and vanilla and mix well.
- Mixture will be very runny.
- Pour into 11x16 greased sheet cake pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cake is done when it begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Bake time will vary with different ovens.
- Leave cake in pan and cool before icing.
- Icing: Mix first 3 ingredients and bring to a rapid boil, remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Stir in pecans by hand and spread on cooled cake.
I made this for my in=laws anniversary dinner. Everyone really enjoyed.it. Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks for posting this recipe! My grandmother would have this wonderful cake baked when we would have Sunday lunch at her house! I had lost my copy and am glad to have it back. Y'all try it! You Won't be sorry!
Love this one. Added 1 Tsp of cinnamon. Baked at 400 for 15 minutes. Perfect!