Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Yummy FAST cake. Top any way you like. Great with fruit or frosting or just a little sprinkle of powdered sugar. Adopted 08/06.
Top Review by Jessica K
so so good! you can't beat the taste of melted butter and chocolate! and the cinnamon makes it soooo good! i did ice it, just to make it sweeter!! thanks mama for another winner!!
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, low fat is fine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat a 15 x 10 in jelly roll pan with cooking spray, and dust with 2 tsp flour.
- Set pan aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 2 C flour and next 4 ingredients (2 C flour through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine water, 1/2 C butter, and 1/4 C cocoa in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; pour into flour mixture.
- Beat at medium speed unti well blended.
- Add buttermilk, 1 tsp vanilla, and eggs; beat well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 375 for 17 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack.