Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this at Food network and it look so good. And I was surprised it's not posted on zaar.
Make and share this Texas Rockets (Jalapeno) recipe from Food.com.
- 12 -15 jalapeno peppers (about 3.5-4 inches long)
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, chopped
- 12 thin slices bacon, cut in half
- 12 sturdy toothpicks, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup sour cream, for dipping
- In a medium bowl combine the cheeses, cilantro, sundried tomatoes and corn kernels together.
- Cut jalapeno peppers lengthwise down 1 side, leaving the other side intact (creating an open book); leave the top and stem on.
- Using the handle of a spoon scrape the seeds and membranes out of the pepper. Note if you want extra spice leave some inches.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the cavity of each pepper.
- Wrap each pepper in bacon and secure it in place with a wooden toothpick.
- Prepare your barbecue. Place a drip pan under barbeque grates to prevent flare ups.
- Place a grill screen over the drip pan directly on top of the grill grate.
- Preheat barbeque to medium heat 325°F (160°C).
- Oil the grill grate to help prevent sticking.
- Place the stuffed peppers onto the grill plate and cook with the lid up for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Turn the peppers frequently for even cooking.
I am rating these on taste. YUMMMMYY. I bit finicky to cook. I used 8 small-medium jalepenos and cut the cheese mixture in half and still had a bit leftover. So unless they are large jalepenos there will be cheese leftover and I am ot sure if half a slice of bacon would cover well it barely covered the smallish ones I used . I used a cast iron fry pan on the barbeque since I had a feeling the cheese might ooze out when cooking and it did. I started them in the pan then put on the grill for a few minutes and then once the cheese started oozing out they went back into the pan I did not want to lose any of that cheesy goodness LOL All in all I will be making these again . Made for Newest Zaar tag