Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A good stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapeno.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, strips
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 jalapenos, 31/2 - 4 inches long
- 12 slices bacon
- Place chicken breast strips and 1/2 cup Italian dressing in a zip lock bag seal and chill for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken covered over medium heat (300 to 350) 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done basting with remaining 1/4 cup of Italian dressing.
- Let chicken cool slightly, and finely chop.
- Stir together chicken, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise down 1 side. Remove seeds, then spoon 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp chicken mixture into cavity of pepper. Wrap each pepper with 1 slice of bacon securing with wooden picks.
- Grill stuffed jalapenos without grill lid, over medium heat (300-350°F) 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning frequently.