Recipe by John_Sayan
Texas Road House Sweet Yeast Rolls from the head teacher for Texas Road House found on a FOX News website with a link to a short video for the public at http://www.fox41.com/article/view/9108/?tf=wdrbarticleview.tpl w
Top Review by stephiehawk
Close enough to Texas Roadhouse rolls to me! They were a hit and the whole family loved them! Much easier roll recipe than others I've tried. If you need to make dinner rolls....give these a go! :)
- 7.08 g active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 473.18 ml milk
- 44.37 ml of melted butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1892.0 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 9.85 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Scald milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast, sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Let stand until light and foamy.
- Add melted butter (which has been cooled), eggs and salt.
- Beat well.
- Add enough flour to form soft dough.
- Sprinkle small amount of flour on counter and let dough rest.
- Meanwhile, clean and dry bowl; grease clean surface of bowl.
- Knead dough until smooth and satiny.
- Put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- Punch down.
- Turn out on floured board.
- Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into desired forms.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Cool on rack.