Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Texas roadhouse has the best rolls and i was craving some. After a bit of searching I found this recipe and edited it a little.Usually I half the recipe. Enjoy :)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Soften yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Scald milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast, sugar, honey, and enough flour to make medium batter.
- Beat thoroughly. Let stand until light and foamy.
- Add melted butter (after allowed to cool), eggs, and salt. Beat well.
- Add enough flour to form soft dough.
- Sprinkle small amount of flour on counter and let dough rest.
- Grease the surface of a clean bowl. Knead dough until smooth and satiny
- Then put dough in greased bowl; turn over to grease top.
- Cover, let rise in warm place until double in bulk, then punch down.
- Turn out on floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into desired forms and place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce temperature to 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Cool on rack.
- For cinnamon butter, blend all ingredients at room tempature.