Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I formulated that is fashioned after the baked potatoes at Texas Roadhouse in Gainesville FL. not exactly the same, but pretty close and ridiculously easy!
- sea salt (enough to cover potato) or kosher salt (enough to cover potato)
- 2 large baking potatoes (with the skin on)
- bacon fat
- Lay out 2 pieces of foil onto a flat surface. The foil should be enough to cover each potato.
- Wash potato skins thouroughly and dry them, dip in rendered bacon fat, place the potatoes onto each piece of foil and cover in sea salt. Wrap and bake in a 425 degree oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Make it a loaded potato and top it with sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, bacon (crumbled), and Mrs. Dash original seasoning for a really great baked potato, or eat it as is. Either way, it's delicious!
These potatoes are to die for! Crispy, salty on the outside and moist and fluffy on the outside. My bacon fat was cold so spread on a thin layer with a butter knife. Cannot say enough good things about these potatoes.
You're exactly right! I've worked at Roadhouse for a year and our potatoes are nothing but bacon fat and kosher salt! good job!
Delicious potatoes! I could taste the flavor of the bacon on the potato shells and while baking you could smell the aroma too. Great with a grilled steak :) Thanks for sharing!