1/1 Photo of Texas Roadhouse Green Beans (Copycat)
We really like these green beans at TRH and after a little searching found this recipe. Recipe is courtesy of WTVR, Richmond, VA. When a friend of mine started working there, I asked if this is how they prepare their green beans and she shook her head yes, but said no with a smile. I have included both variations for this recipe; choose the one to your liking. Cook/simmer time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a colander, thoroughly drain green beans. Set aside.
- 2Mix water, sugar and pepper until well incorporated. Set aside.
- 3Preheat your cooking pan to Medium High heat.
- 4Raw Bacon Method.
- 5Using a cutting board and a knife, dice the raw bacon into equal size pieces. Place diced bacon into preheated cooking pan. Continually stir bacon with large spoon to keep the bacon from burning.
- 6Once bacon is cooked add the onions and cook until they are tender and light brown.
- 7Diced, Cooked Ham Method.
- 8Using a cutting board and a knife, dice the cooked ham into equal size pieces. Place the diced ham and onions into the preheated cooking pan.
- 9Using the large spoon, continue to stir the ham and onions until the ham is lightly brown and the onions are tender.
- 10Now that the onions are tender add the liquid mixture and the beans.
- 11Using the rubber spatula stir the mixture until incorporated.
- 12Bring mixture to a boil and turn heat to simmer. Serve beans as soon as you are ready.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Roadhouse Green Beans (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 168.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g