2 hrs 18 mins
Found this recipe on got-eats.com web site. Have not made these yet, but plan to make them soon. I hope this turns out like the rolls our local Texas Roadhouse serves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the rolls
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
for the cinnamon butter
- 1For the Rolls:.
- 2Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add yeast, salt, sugar and dry milk. Set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- 6Pour water mixture into the well.
- 7Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
- 8Add 1/2 of the melted butter and beat to incorporate.
- 9Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition.
- 10Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a warm, draft free place such as oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the rack below.
- 11Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 12Coat cups, bottoms and sides of 12 cup muffin pan (or two small round pans) with shortening.
- 13Punch down batter (batter will be extremely soft and sticky).
- 14Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared muffin cups to make 12 rolls (or in pan touching the next).
- 15Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter.
- 16Let rise uncovered in a warm draft free place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- 17In preheated 400 degree oven, bake rolls on middle rack for 16-18 minutes. Brush tops of baked rolls with remaining melted butter.
- 18For the cinnamon butter:.
- 19Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until mixture is smooth.
- 20Serve with hot rolls or muffins, remainder may be stored in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Roadhouse Buttery Dinner Rolls With Cinnamon Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 428.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g