Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on got-eats.com web site. Have not made these yet, but plan to make them soon. I hope this turns out like the rolls our local Texas Roadhouse serves.
for the rolls
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
for the cinnamon butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup condensed milk, chilled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- For the Rolls:.
- Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add yeast, salt, sugar and dry milk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour water mixture into the well.
- Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the melted butter and beat to incorporate.
- Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a warm, draft free place such as oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the rack below.
- Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Coat cups, bottoms and sides of 12 cup muffin pan (or two small round pans) with shortening.
- Punch down batter (batter will be extremely soft and sticky).
- Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared muffin cups to make 12 rolls (or in pan touching the next).
- Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter.
- Let rise uncovered in a warm draft free place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- In preheated 400 degree oven, bake rolls on middle rack for 16-18 minutes. Brush tops of baked rolls with remaining melted butter.
- For the cinnamon butter:.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Serve with hot rolls or muffins, remainder may be stored in refrigerator.