Recipe by Loves2Teach
This sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a great brisket or barbecue. This is from southern living magazine.
Top Review by Fecampbe
I have been using this recipe for years with the following additions. 1 teaspoon of cayanne pepper and 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke. This recipe stands up to the strong flavor of smoked brisket. It is also delicious on BBQ chicken. I always let the sauce reduce for about an hour to yield about 12 ounces of thick and rich flavor. This sauce beats anything you can buy at the supermarket.
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar