Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One spread many uses. Spread on anything from toast or english muffin to apples or vegetables.
Make and share this Texas Red Grapefruit and Cheese Spread recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl, reserving juice.
- Chop sections and set aside to drain.
- Combine apricots and water; let stand 2 hours.
- Drain and chop apricots.
- Combine cheese and mix until smooth.
- Measure 1/4 cup reserved grapefruit juice and stir into cheese mixture.
- Fold in poppy seeds, walnuts, apricots and grapefruit.
- Spoon into serving bowl cover and chill several hours or overnight.
This really is a great and versatile spread! Made just as directed and loved the fruit/nut combo with the jack and cream cheese. One day enjoyed on reduced-fat wheat thins and triscuits; the next day spread on whole wheat bread and grilled for a creamy grilled cheese sandwich. Thanks for sharing the recipe!