Recipe by Charlotte J
One spread many uses. Spread on anything from toast or english muffin to apples or vegetables.
Top Review by loof
This really is a great and versatile spread! Made just as directed and loved the fruit/nut combo with the jack and cream cheese. One day enjoyed on reduced-fat wheat thins and triscuits; the next day spread on whole wheat bread and grilled for a creamy grilled cheese sandwich. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 red grapefruits
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) jar neufchatel cheese spread with pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl, reserving juice.
- Chop sections and set aside to drain.
- Combine apricots and water; let stand 2 hours.
- Drain and chop apricots.
- Combine cheese and mix until smooth.
- Measure 1/4 cup reserved grapefruit juice and stir into cheese mixture.
- Fold in poppy seeds, walnuts, apricots and grapefruit.
- Spoon into serving bowl cover and chill several hours or overnight.