Recipe by Casey Brown-Myers
I created this recipe during my chili cook-off days. If you decide to use my recipe in any cook-offs, you will need to use onion powder instead of onion and omit the Rotel green chiles and use ground habanero powder instead. Most contest rules state that chili gravy must not have chunks. You will have to 86 the beans as well. If you have trouble finding Habanero powder, let me know, I make it myself. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 24 ounces original Coors beer
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 knorr beef bouillon cube
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons mexene chili powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, green chile's and tomatoes (extra hot)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Briefly sear meat and then add: diced onion,paprika,
- chipotle chili pepper, boullion cube, Rotel green chile’s and Coors to.
- cover. Simmer, covered, for 1/2 hour or so.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and beans. Cook for another 30 minutes or until meat is tender.