Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good ole Texas chili with beans!! This is a recipe on many Texas souvenir oven mits and pot holders. I think it's rather tasty and easy. It's very good with cornbread. Long neck means a beer to go with the chili.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 907.18 g stewing beef, cubed
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 340.19 g can tomato paste
- 591.47 ml water
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed seeded and chopped
- 22.18 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 439.41 g can pinto beans, drained
- Brown stewing beef in large skillet until done, I like to use an iron skillet.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper, garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and water.
- Stir in jalepeno peppers, spices and beans.
- Simmer for 45 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.