1 hr 5 mins
Good ole Texas chili with beans!! This is a recipe on many Texas souvenir oven mits and pot holders. I think it's rather tasty and easy. It's very good with cornbread. Long neck means a beer to go with the chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1Brown stewing beef in large skillet until done, I like to use an iron skillet.
- 2Add chopped onions, green pepper, garlic and cook until tender.
- 3Stir in tomato paste and water.
- 4Stir in jalepeno peppers, spices and beans.
- 5Simmer for 45 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Red and a Long Neck
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 525.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 22.4 g