Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good ole Texas chili with beans!! This is a recipe on many Texas souvenir oven mits and pot holders. I think it's rather tasty and easy. It's very good with cornbread. Long neck means a beer to go with the chili.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- Brown stewing beef in large skillet until done, I like to use an iron skillet.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper, garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and water.
- Stir in jalepeno peppers, spices and beans.
- Simmer for 45 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.