Recipe by Starlita
Good ole Texas chili with beans!! This is a recipe on many Texas souvenir oven mits and pot holders. I think it's rather tasty and easy. It's very good with cornbread. Long neck means a beer to go with the chili.
Top Review by pete.evanko
We've been making this recipe for 15 years and it is the best chili we ever had. One thing I recommend though...... McCormack"s chili powder is the best one for this chili. We tried others, buy found this one the best. We have tripled the recipe many times and have had it for friends and family. Try it, you'll like it !
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown stewing beef in large skillet until done, I like to use an iron skillet.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper, garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and water.
- Stir in jalepeno peppers, spices and beans.
- Simmer for 45 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.