Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Famous Texas way of making a chili
Make and share this Texas Red recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chili peppers (diced0)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs stew boneless beef cubes
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fine ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Brown/ Sear beef in olive oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients (EXCEPT: cornmeal & hot sauce).
- Simmer for 2 hours on medioum-low heat.
- Add cornmeal & sauce .
- Cook for 30 additional minutes, stiriing occasionally.