Recipe by Lacy S.
Extra spicy! These are sure to please for the fire eaters in your family!
Top Review by SmilinJenE
These are quite time consuming to make. I think if I make them again I'll add some cheddar to the cream cheese filling. The sausage on the outside seems like a great idea, but I didn't get much of a sausage flavor - and that was the part that took up the most time. I'm not sure it would work so well without the sausage though. Thanks for an impressive looking snack!
- 20 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, Spicy
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces Shake-n-Bake for pork, Spicy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry jalapenos.
- Trim the top of each jalapeno and dig out seeds. Discard seeds and tops.
- Mix together cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Fill each jalapeno with cream cheese. (I use a piping bag.).
- Mix together bisquick, sausage, and cheddar cheese.
- Cover each jalapeno with a small portion of the sausage mixture. Making sure the pepper is completely covered and there are no cracks.
- Dip each jalapeno in the beaten egg and then roll in the shake n' bake.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet (make sure you use one with an edge) and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- * The amount of jalapenos you use is relevent to the size of your jalapenos. The bigger the jalapeno the less this recipe will make.
- * The bigger jalapenos seem to be tougher overall when eating than the smaller ones.