Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Extra spicy! These are sure to please for the fire eaters in your family!
Make and share this Texas Rattlesnake Eggs (Stuffed Jalapenos) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry jalapenos.
- Trim the top of each jalapeno and dig out seeds. Discard seeds and tops.
- Mix together cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Fill each jalapeno with cream cheese. (I use a piping bag.).
- Mix together bisquick, sausage, and cheddar cheese.
- Cover each jalapeno with a small portion of the sausage mixture. Making sure the pepper is completely covered and there are no cracks.
- Dip each jalapeno in the beaten egg and then roll in the shake n' bake.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet (make sure you use one with an edge) and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- * The amount of jalapenos you use is relevent to the size of your jalapenos. The bigger the jalapeno the less this recipe will make.
- * The bigger jalapenos seem to be tougher overall when eating than the smaller ones.
These are quite time consuming to make. I think if I make them again I'll add some cheddar to the cream cheese filling. The sausage on the outside seems like a great idea, but I didn't get much of a sausage flavor - and that was the part that took up the most time. I'm not sure it would work so well without the sausage though. Thanks for an impressive looking snack!
I should have reviewed this recipe a long time ago. We loved them! I took some to my neighbors and they loved them, too! The only reason I gave the recipe 4 stars instead of 5 is because they are so time consuming to make, but worth it if you have the time. Thanks! I will definitely make again and again.
These are hot and tasty! DH especially loved them. We used 15 peppers and they took us longer than the stated 20 minutes of prep time - more like 40. They also took longer to bake - about 40 minutes. Our peppers must have been a bit larger and tougher as you mentioned. All-in-all this is a labor of love that is so good that we'll make again. We froze the leftovers and will report back how well they reheat. Thanks for a great one Lacy S.!!