Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is easy to make. We serve it on everything from lettuce to baked potatoes. From one of my favorite cookbooks Texas Home Cooking.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white vinegar (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large lidded jar and shake well.
- Chill at least 30 minutes.
- The dressing keeps, refrigerated, at least 5 days.
- VARIATION: Add one or two minced fresh or pickled jalapeños.
Yummy, and very easy! This is a delicious creamy ranch dressing. I made this for a fresh spinach salad. It was super! I used the dried parsley, so only put in 1 teaspoon. And I put in 1 teaspoon of the white vinegar. Used 2 cloves garlic and chilled it for an hour. This is good stuff!! Thanks Miss Annie!!
This dressing is just real tasty. Followed your directions, except I used a splash of cider vinegar. It just added to the already yummie mix. Thanks for sharing a nifty recipe. Laudee C.
This recipe appealed to me because of the fresh ingredients instead of powdered. I made it more like a dip, so I used sour cream instead of the the buttermilk, and thinned it with just a tiny amount of milk. The flavor of the fresh ingredients really made a difference. We loved it. Next time I will just use one clove of garlic - I used two large ones and it was a bit garlicky for our taste, but outstanding anyway. I'll definitely make it again.