Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Every Christmas and New Year's day, the wonderful smell of my mom's famous Texas quiche fills the house. It was only recently that I realized her choice of brunch menu was based on simplicity, as much as taste! This is a reduced-fat version. She uses co-jack, I improvise with a blend of types. I also add an additional can of chilies for a little extra kick. Top with salsa and serve with sizzling cornbread and skinned grapefruit for an amazing brunch.
- Coat 9 x 13 inch glass dish with cooking spray (butter also works well, but less friendly on the waistline).
- Spread grated cheese in the dish.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the dish with the chilies.
- Pour the egg substitute (or beaten eggs)evenly over the grated cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes. Quiche will be set in the middle and slightly brown on top when done.
- Let stand for about 5-10 minutes before serving. It's good cold, too, if it makes it that long :-).