Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from The Columns on Alamo B&B in San Antonio. It makes a lovely brunch, lunch or dinner entree. I serve it with a crispy green salad, or sometimes a fruit salad.
- 170.09 g monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded (this is the combined amount)
- 99.22 g canchopped green chili peppers
- 354.88 ml cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 1 prepared pie 9 inch pie shell
- 3 eggs
- NOTE: I buy the jack cheese and Cheddar cheese in a combined block.
- Mix eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
- Put cheese and chiles in pie crust.
- Pour cream mixture over it.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with salsa.
This recipe is wonderful! So easy to assemble, then just pop it in the oven. The texture is wonderful and the flavor fantastic! I did not change a thing. Thank you Miss Annie for another great recipe!
This quiche recipe is a nice change. The green chilis give it an interesting flavor, and it is really quick to whip up. It browns very nicely, which I appreciate as I find that not all quiches do. Thank you!