Top Review by John Sauerbeck
Great recipe. I added 4 slices of bacon, since it was the main course, and served it more in a bowl than a side dish. With corn bread it was a great supper. The cooking times were perfect, especially when your trying to serve fresh baked bread with it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry pinto beans
- 4 2⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a dutch oven,add water 2 inches above beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Bring beans and 4 2/3 cups water and next 4 ingredients to a boil in the dutch oven.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato and jalapeno pepper and simmer mixture for 30 more minutes.