Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a cookbook I got in Houston earlier this year and adapted to suit our tastes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- Beat chicken breasts with mallet and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute mushrooms and green onions in 2 tbsp of butter. Cool.
- Mix in cream cheese, mustard, and thyme. Divide into 4 equal portions and spread on each chicken breast.
- Fold over ends and roll up, pressing edges to seal.
- Mix pecans with bread crumbs and parsley. Melt 1/2 cup of butter.
- Dip chicken into butter and coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done in a casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed to prevent sticking.