Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are incredible!
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Line 2 large sheet pans with wax paper. Butter paper with 1 tablespoons butter, and set aside.
- Combine sugar, milk, and soda in a medium sauce pan and cookk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, add 1 tablespoons butter and vanilla, and stir quickly until completely incorporated and creamy, about 20 seconds. Add pecan halves and stir well to coat.
- Workly quickly, before mixture sets, drop generous spoonfuls of mixture on prepared pans to form discs about 2" wide. Let candy harden and cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Carefully peel pralines from wax paper. Serve at once, or store pralines in airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.