1 hr 45 mins
An intensely flavored, delicious pound cake from the publishers of Southern Living. It's just lovely garnished with fresh berries.
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter (if using margarine, not spread or tub product) or 2 cups margarine, softened (if using margarine, not spread or tub product)
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle lemon extract
- 4 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- 3Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Sift 3 1/2 cups flour and baking powder together, reserving 1/2 cup flour.
- 6Gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon extract, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 7Beat well after each addition (the batter will be quite thick).
- 8Dredge pecans and raisins in remaining 1/2 cup flour; stir into batter.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 1 3/4 hours or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- 11Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- 12Turn out onto cooling rack and let cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.4
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 187.0 mg
- Sodium 302.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 52.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g