Recipe by BlueDogLady
This awesome salad is loaded with pecans, fruit and cheese and then topped off with a fun margarita dressing. It was originally published in a BH & G Holiday Cooking magazine. Prep time does not includes 30 minute chill time before serving.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 -3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 medium orange, peeled, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seeded and sliced (optional)
- 1 cup dark cherries, frozen unsweetened pitted, thawed and patted dry
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all ingredients, except Margarita Dressing, in a large bowl. Chill, covered, up to 1 hour.
- Margarita Dressing.
- Stir together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- To serve, drizzle salad with Margarita dressing and garnish with lime slices, if desired.