Recipe by JoJoStar
the tastiest brisket ever..this is a Food Network recipe by Tom Perini, I use a pot roast rather than a brisket...much tastier.
Top Review by s-t
This is different from the usual brisket I make and we really enjoyed it. I did however tweek the recipe a bit. I omitted the salt, instead of the beef stock I used 1 1/2 cup water 2 pkg. boullion and 1/2 cup ketchup. I didn't have onion powder so I used one large chopped onion.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a dry rub by combining all dry ingredients.
- season the raw brisket on all sides with the rub.
- place in a roasting pan and roast uncovered for 1 hour.
- add beef stock and enough water to yield about 1/2 inch of liquid in the roasting pan.
- lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue to cook until fork tender, about 3 hours.
- trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. top with juice from the pan.