Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Different with beer, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and some other goodies. Submitted by Theadora Huttmeyer for a community cookbook. Cook time does not include marination time.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
mesquite barbecue seasoning
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can beer
- Sprinkle mesquite seasoning on meat and cover and keep in refrigerator overnight.
- Cook brisket in 350 degree oven for 2 hours. Drain fat out of roasting pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and cook another 2 hours in 300 degree oven.
- Slice the meat against the grain into thin slices.