Recipe by pink cook
An excellent cake to make for a party that is always a hit. Adapted from Diana Rattray. Enjoy it.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened (can use light)
- 1 cup sugar (I use Splenda Blend)
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, chopped, optional (I add them for more flavor)
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (can use light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs; stir in marmalade, orange rind and mandarin segments, if you like.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with orange juice, beating after each addition.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 11x14x1-inch or cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for about 10 minutes and turn in a plate to coool completely and frost with.
- ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE that I posted here: Recipe 411994:.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Add lemon and orange juices slowly and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently, over low heat until thick and glossy. Cool and spread on cake.
- Recipe can be doubled if you want.