Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Aunt made this and it was sooooo good I couldn't stop eating it!!!!!
- 2 -3 large sweet onions, cut in short strips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- Tabasco sauce
- Cook onions in butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream, dill weed and 1/2 cheese.
- In another bowl, mix cream style corn, whole corn, milk, egg, corn muffin mix and tabasco.
- Put corn mixture in greased pan, onion mixture on top and then remaining cheese.
- Bake at lease 45 minute@ 325-350 until cheese is golden brown and mixture"sets".
Wonderful creamy casserole. I made 1/2 the recipe & baked in an 8X8 pan. Minor changes - I added a can of diced green chilis & a dash of smoked paprika to give it some zip & used canned corn rather than frozen . I realized after baking that I had forgotten the milk but it was still moist & delicious. Excellent change from my usual boring side dishes! Thanks!
What a great casserole, reheats well in the microwave also. I will definitely make it again. I used Vidalia onions they were delicious in it. thankyou for sharing.
When you start hiding leftovers from your loved ones, you know you've found a great recipe. This onion-corn casserole is outstanding. Easy to make and super good. I didn't have Mexican cheese so grated Monterey Jack and cheddar. I also substituted a can of corn for the frozen corn. Don't even look at the nutritional info. This is worth the calories and carbs.