Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make this to accompany a cookout,a barbecue, or a covered-dish dinner. It is appealing and simple to prepare.
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Shred enough cabbage to make 12 cups.
- Combine cabbage, dill pickle, and onion in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Pour over cabbage mixture; toss.
- Cover and chill.
- Yield: 14 to 16 servings.
Well, I liked it. I don't usually like cole slaw, but this was good!
Overall great recipe. I don't like sweet slaw. BUT...real Texans need jalapeños. Added 1 fresh chopped jalapeño - could have used 2.
This was perfect salad to have with a nice juicy burger!! Used low-fat mayo and preshredded coleslaw mix - next time will use a little less mayo. Also used Dijon mustard instead of prepared mustard. Thanks Sharon! ;)